Newbie BSD lib question

Chris Gray

Is there an introduction or guide to the BSD C library? I'm finding it
strangely difficult to find anything but man pages describing this
library. I say "strangely" because it seems to be a rather important
library, and yet instructional material tends to stick to the standard
library.

Cheers,
Chris Gray

"The brain is a wonderful organ. It starts working the moment you get up
in the morning and does not stop until you get into the office." -Robert
Frost

Chris Croughton

Is there an introduction or guide to the BSD C library? I'm finding it
strangely difficult to find anything but man pages describing this
library. I say "strangely" because it seems to be a rather important
library, and yet instructional material tends to stick to the standard
library.

Try asking on a BSD or Unix specific newsgroup, comp.lang.c does only
deal with the standard language and standard library. It is likely that
for most of the comp.lang.c posters the BSD version is not important at
all (and Unix has generally documented things using man pages).

Chris C