    <!ELEMENT PartnerPassword (#PCDATA)>

    regards
    Lukasz From Poland

    luk, Aug 27, 2003

  2. luk wrote:
    > Can any1 tell me what is this in XML ??? What does the elements mean?
    >
    > <?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
    > <!ELEMENT WapPushRequest (Header,(WapPush?))>
    > <!ATTLIST WapPushRequest Version CDATA #REQUIRED>
    > <!ELEMENT Header (PartnerName,PartnerPassword)>
    > <!ELEMENT PartnerName (#PCDATA)>
    > <!ELEMENT PartnerPassword (#PCDATA)>

    Looks like a Document Type Definition (DTD) for XML documents like

    <WapPushRequest Version="1.0">
    <Header>
    <PartnerName>foo</PartnerName>
    <PartnerPassword>bar</PartnerPassword>
    </Header>
    </WapPushRequest>

    Btw, the DTD lacks an definition part for the WapPush element.
    --
    Johannes Koch
    (Te Deum, 4th cent.)

    Johannes Koch, Aug 27, 2003

  3. luk

    luk Guest

    Odp: newbie: can you describe what is that ?

    And what is the DTD and what is it for ???

    U¿ytkownik Johannes Koch <> w wiadomooci do grup
    dyskusyjnych napisa³:biicf6$9l1sq$-berlin.de...

    luk, Aug 27, 2003
  4. Re: Odp: newbie: can you describe what is that ?

    luk wrote:
    > And what is the DTD and what is it for ???

    It defines the document type (which elements may appear, in which order,
    with which attributes, ...). It can be used for editing and validating XML.
    --
    Johannes Koch
    (Te Deum, 4th cent.)

    Johannes Koch, Aug 27, 2003
  5. luk

    luk Guest

    Odp: Odp: newbie: can you describe what is that ?

    thanks

    U¿ytkownik Johannes Koch <> w wiadomooci do grup
    dyskusyjnych napisa³:biijos$98jdn$-berlin.de...

    luk, Aug 27, 2003
  6. luk

    Guy Lépine Guest

    "luk" <> wrote in message
    > Can any1 tell me what is this in XML ??? What does the elements mean?
    >
    > <?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>

    not quite sure why the xml tag is present but, the remaining are document
    type definition (DTD) tags:

    > <!ELEMENT WapPushRequest (Header,(WapPush?))>

    <WapPushRequest> requires one <Header> and zero or more <WapPush>

    > <!ATTLIST WapPushRequest Version CDATA #REQUIRED>

    <WapPushRequest> has a required character data attribute Version

    > <!ELEMENT Header (PartnerName,PartnerPassword)>

    <Header> requires elements <PartnerName> and <PartnerPassword>

    > <!ELEMENT PartnerName (#PCDATA)>

    <PartnerName> is a parsed character data

    > <!ELEMENT PartnerPassword (#PCDATA)>

    <PartnerPassword> is a parsed character data

    for more info on DTD basics, see http://www.w3schools.com/dtd/

    > regards
    > Lukasz From Poland

    Guy Lepine