newbie: can you describe what is that ?

luk

Can any1 tell me what is this in XML ??? What does the elements mean?

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<!ELEMENT WapPushRequest (Header,(WapPush?))>
<!ATTLIST WapPushRequest Version CDATA #REQUIRED>
<!ELEMENT Header (PartnerName,PartnerPassword)>
<!ELEMENT PartnerName (#PCDATA)>
<!ELEMENT PartnerPassword (#PCDATA)>

regards
Lukasz From Poland

Johannes Koch

luk said:
Can any1 tell me what is this in XML ??? What does the elements mean?

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<!ELEMENT WapPushRequest (Header,(WapPush?))>
<!ATTLIST WapPushRequest Version CDATA #REQUIRED>
<!ELEMENT Header (PartnerName,PartnerPassword)>
<!ELEMENT PartnerName (#PCDATA)>
<!ELEMENT PartnerPassword (#PCDATA)>

Looks like a Document Type Definition (DTD) for XML documents like

<WapPushRequest Version="1.0">
<Header>
<PartnerName>foo</PartnerName>
<PartnerPassword>bar</PartnerPassword>
</Header>
</WapPushRequest>

Btw, the DTD lacks an definition part for the WapPush element.

luk

And what is the DTD and what is it for ???

luk said:
And what is the DTD and what is it for ???

It defines the document type (which elements may appear, in which order,
with which attributes, ...). It can be used for editing and validating XML.

luk

thanks

U¿ytkownik Johannes Koch said:
It defines the document type (which elements may appear, in which order,
with which attributes, ...). It can be used for editing and validating XML.

Guy Lépine

luk said:
Can any1 tell me what is this in XML ??? What does the elements mean?

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>

not quite sure why the xml tag is present but, the remaining are document
type definition (DTD) tags:
<!ELEMENT WapPushRequest (Header,(WapPush?))>

<!ATTLIST WapPushRequest Version CDATA #REQUIRED>

<!ELEMENT Header (PartnerName,PartnerPassword)>

<!ELEMENT PartnerName (#PCDATA)>

<!ELEMENT PartnerPassword (#PCDATA)>

for more info on DTD basics, see http://www.w3schools.com/dtd/
regards