    If you have any suggestions, please fire away..

    Thanks,
    Colin
    Colin Foulkes, Jan 28, 2004

  2. Colin Foulkes

    nos Guest

    "Colin Foulkes" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi I'm really new to Java, and while trying to follow some sample code
    > using LogManager etc I've come across a problem.
    >
    > My version of LogManager doesn't seem to have all the methods shown in
    > the online documentation (for example addGlobalHandler).
    >
    > I'm using netbeans ide and my java_home is pointing to jsdk1.4.2.
    >
    > I feel I'm missing something blindingly obvious....
    >

    > If you have any suggestions, please fire away..
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Colin

    I use this:
    static Logger logger = Logger.getLogger("global");
    ch = new ConsoleHandler();
    logger.addHandler(ch);
    nos, Jan 28, 2004

  3. "nos" <> wrote in message news:<kMVRb.177197$na.286842@attbi_s04>...
    > "Colin Foulkes" <> wrote in message
    > > Hi I'm really new to Java, and while trying to follow some sample code
    > > using LogManager etc I've come across a problem.
    > >
    > > My version of LogManager doesn't seem to have all the methods shown in
    > > the online documentation (for example addGlobalHandler).
    > >
    > > I'm using netbeans ide and my java_home is pointing to jsdk1.4.2.
    > >
    > > I feel I'm missing something blindingly obvious....
    > >

    > > If you have any suggestions, please fire away..
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > > Colin

    > I use this:
    > static Logger logger = Logger.getLogger("global");
    > ch = new ConsoleHandler();
    > logger.addHandler(ch);

    Thanks for your response, but I'm not really looking for an
    alternative.
    I'm more curious as to why the version of my LogManager class doesn't
    contain the methods shown in various tutorials.

    Do I have an old version, and if so, how can I tell?

    Thanks again

    Colin
    Colin Foulkes, Jan 29, 2004