Newbie: Catching the Abort method to destroy a thread

Guest

Hello -

I am generating a ThreadAbortException, however, my ASP.NET application is
working fine. I have read that i can test for this error using...
catch(ThreadAbortException e)... but then i must explicity can the JOIN
method. This is beyond my skill-set.

My question is... if i don't do anything, and my ASP.NET app seems to be
working fine, is this a "critical" exception?

Thanks,

Kevin Spencer

How about just not generating the ThreadAbortException? That should clear
everything up. How ARE you generating it, anyway?

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
..Net Developer
Ambiguity has a certain quality to it.

Guest

If i am generating this, i am completely blind to this, and this is not my
intention. This is my error handling code which is catching the
ThreadAbortExpection:

try
{
.... exec code
}
catch (SqlException ex)
{
.... handle exception...
}
catch (HttpException ex)
{
.... handle exception...
}
catch (Exception ex)
{
.... THIS IS WHERE THE ABORT EXCEPTION IS "CATCHED"
}

??