    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    T:I:A!
    - D a r y l

    joe slash blow, Aug 30, 2004

  2. joe slash blow wrote:

    > I have very basic Perl knowledge and inherited a script for work.
    > If the user inputs a specific 4 character code in one of 3 places on a web
    > page, I have to verify that the user has logged onto an NT domain account
    > before I let them go to the next html page. If they don't use the 4
    > character code they can go on unchecked.
    > I don't want them to have to log on to the perl page, just verify that
    > they are logged onto the system.
    > Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Er, how do you determine which NT user he's supposed to be? Does the
    four character code ID him? Can you determine it from his IP address?
    --
    Christopher Mattern

    "Which one you figure tracked us?"
    "The ugly one, sir."
    "...Could you be more specific?"

    Chris Mattern, Aug 30, 2004

  3. Chris Mattern <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > joe slash blow wrote:
    >
    > > I have very basic Perl knowledge and inherited a script for work.
    > > If the user inputs a specific 4 character code in one of 3 places on a web
    > > page, I have to verify that the user has logged onto an NT domain account
    > > before I let them go to the next html page. If they don't use the 4
    > > character code they can go on unchecked.
    > > I don't want them to have to log on to the perl page, just verify that
    > > they are logged onto the system.
    > > Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    > >

    > Er, how do you determine which NT user he's supposed to be? Does the
    > four character code ID him? Can you determine it from his IP address?

    All users will be logged onto a work computer connected to the domain.

    joe slash blow, Aug 31, 2004
  4. joe slash blow wrote:

    > Chris Mattern <> wrote in message
    >> joe slash blow wrote:
    >>
    >> > I have very basic Perl knowledge and inherited a script for work.
    >> > If the user inputs a specific 4 character code in one of 3 places on a
    >> > web page, I have to verify that the user has logged onto an NT domain
    >> > account before I let them go to the next html page. If they don't use
    >> > the 4 character code they can go on unchecked.
    >> > I don't want them to have to log on to the perl page, just verify that
    >> > they are logged onto the system.
    >> > Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    >> >

    >> Er, how do you determine which NT user he's supposed to be? Does the
    >> four character code ID him? Can you determine it from his IP address?

    > All users will be logged onto a work computer connected to the domain.

    Yes, but how does that tell the *webserver* anything? The webserver
    doesn't know anything other than the user's IP and any info conveyed
    via http. Are you running a client-side script that snitches the
    user's ID to the webserver?

    Chris Mattern, Sep 1, 2004
  5. joe slash blow

    Ben Morrow Guest

    Quoth Chris Mattern <>:
    > joe slash blow wrote:
    >
    > > Chris Mattern <> wrote in message

    > >> Er, how do you determine which NT user he's supposed to be? Does the
    > >> four character code ID him? Can you determine it from his IP address?

    > > All users will be logged onto a work computer connected to the domain.

    > Yes, but how does that tell the *webserver* anything? The webserver
    > doesn't know anything other than the user's IP

    ....from which you should be able to use Win32 net admin stuff to figure
    out who is logged on to that machine at the moment. Alternatively, you
    could ask for NTLM HTTP authentication, which will probably
    automatically authenticate as whoever is currently logged on; but this
    is OT and should be asked in an HTTP or a MS group.

    Ben

    --
    We do not stop playing because we grow old;
    we grow old because we stop playing.

    Ben Morrow, Sep 1, 2004