    harddisk, and then open and fill out the form locally and submit, will the
    server process it and return the information as usual?

    Thanks
    a, Jul 3, 2006

  2. a

    Mike Brind Guest

    a wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > If I save the client form and all its component in html format in my
    > harddisk, and then open and fill out the form locally and submit, will the
    > server process it and return the information as usual?

    Yes. So long as the form's action attribute contains the correct url
    in full.

    But what a strange question - you could have easily found out the
    answer by trying it out...

    --
    Mike Brind
    Mike Brind, Jul 3, 2006

  3. a

    a Guest

    "Mike Brind" <>
    ???????:...

    > a wrote:
    > > Hi
    > >
    > > If I save the client form and all its component in html format in my
    > > harddisk, and then open and fill out the form locally and submit, will

    the
    > > server process it and return the information as usual?
    > >

    > Yes. So long as the form's action attribute contains the correct url
    > in full.
    >
    > But what a strange question - you could have easily found out the
    > answer by trying it out...
    >
    > --
    > Mike Brind

    Hi Mike,
    Thanks for your reply.
    Basically, whenever the web page is able to be read by the human user, it is
    already downloaded locally.
    But I have tried to save and execute, but the answer is no. It cannot fire
    the information to the server.
    Trying to figure out the reason.
    Can you or someone here describe the mechanism on how do the POST transfer
    the filled information to the correct script on the server? then, how do the
    script process the information and create the correct html page back to the
    user?
    Thanks
    a, Jul 3, 2006
  4. a

    Mike Brind Guest

    a wrote:
    > "Mike Brind" <>
    > ???????:...
    > >
    > > a wrote:
    > > > Hi
    > > >
    > > > If I save the client form and all its component in html format in my
    > > > harddisk, and then open and fill out the form locally and submit, will

    > the
    > > > server process it and return the information as usual?
    > > >

    > > Yes. So long as the form's action attribute contains the correct url
    > > in full.
    > >
    > > But what a strange question - you could have easily found out the
    > > answer by trying it out...
    > >
    > > --
    > > Mike Brind
    > >

    > Hi Mike,
    > Thanks for your reply.
    > Basically, whenever the web page is able to be read by the human user, it is
    > already downloaded locally.
    > But I have tried to save and execute, but the answer is no. It cannot fire
    > the information to the server.
    > Trying to figure out the reason.

    If you describe what happens when you submit the local copy of the
    form, that would help us narrow down the extrremely large list of
    possibilities. What do you get? 404 Not Found or 500 Internal Server
    Error or some other error message?

    Also, what is the URL of the file that contains the form processing
    code, and what URL do you have in the Action attribute of the local
    copy of the form?

    --
    Mike Brind
    Mike Brind, Jul 3, 2006