newbie:combobox validation

abhijith merve

preface:

I've made a combo validation. the sam form has many validations also.
so when i've written functions which will capture the current data in
the form and retain the same whe it reloads the page with other combo
boxes which are loaded dynamically. i've mentioned the code below
which i've written in the javascript

index=document.AMOrganization.PURCHASE_ORDER_NUMBER.selectedIndex;

document.AMOrganization.HIDDEN_PURCHASE_ORDER_NUMBER.value
=document.AMOrganization.PURCHASE_ORDER_NUMBER.options[index].value

problem: when the page is reloaded upon the function call the data is
capture but then its not displayed. Can u please help me regardin
this.

have i got to give anything in the JSPs to present the data.