    Please go easy, I'm a beginner at this stuff.
    --
    Dan

    Torquemada, Sep 23, 2003

  2. Torquemada

    Falser Klaus Guest

    In article <rS1cb.1383$>,
    says...
    > I've been playing with WEBPACK and the Digilent DIO1 board to synthesise
    > some simple projects. But one thing is bothering me. I find the user
    > interface that Xilinx provide to be horrible. How do I synthesise on the
    > command line? I also would like to generate VHDL procedurally which is
    > another reason I'd like to use the command line. I was easily able to figure
    > out how to do basic synthesis in the GUI from the docs but I can't find a
    > description of the end-to-end process for the command line. I can check the
    > logs and that gives me partial information about what command line tools
    > have been executed by the GUI but it doesn't give complete information.
    >
    > Please go easy, I'm a beginner at this stuff.
    > --
    > Dan

    Read the documentation for XST. The information is there.

    You have to write a command file "xst.src" for xst like this:

    run
    -ifn xst.prj
    -case upper
    -ifmt VHDL
    -opt_mode SPEED
    -opt_level 2
    -ent encoder
    -ofn result.ngc
    -p XC95288XL-10-PQ208

    The file xst.prj holds a list of all source files.

    Afterwarts you call xst :

    xst -ifn xst.scr

    Hope this helps

    --