Newbie: Create Executable from single script file

Discussion in 'Python' started by Piet, May 1, 2004.

  1. Piet

    Piet Guest

    Hello,
    I wrote a python script with a GUI made from wxPython which handles
    XML files via pyXml. I would like to use that app on a computer which
    does not have a python installation (and will probably not get one
    easily).
    I went (or better ran) through the documentation of the distutils and
    had a brief look at the py2exe page on sourceforge, but I couldn´t
    find a detailed description for my particular problem.
    I don´t want to make a well-documented module for distribution and
    general use by others, I also do not need anything that makes the
    installation of my program easy, I do not need any extra files apart
    from my script (and of course the modules that are imported), I just
    want to have my single script file run on a machine without python. Is
    there a simple and fast solution for that? Unfortunatly, I do not have
    the VC++ compiler, only the nmake-utility (which I have never used
    before and of which I do not even know the exact purpose).
    Any hints are greatly appreciated.

    Piet

    Piet, May 1, 2004

  2. > from my script (and of course the modules that are imported), I just
    > want to have my single script file run on a machine without python. Is

    See http://www.spamai.com/hello.php for a Windows project to say "Hello" in
    Python. The method can be applied to other projects.

    --
    Dennis Reinhardt
    http://www.spamai.com?ng_python

    Dennis Reinhardt, May 2, 2004