    using 'fopen', but how do you create a folder?

    Thanks!
    Rich

    Richard Coutts, Aug 30, 2003

  2. Richard Coutts wrote:

    > Windows/C++
    >
    > I need to create a folder on the desktop from within my application.
    > I can get the path to the desktop simple enough using
    > 'SHGetSpecialFolderLocation' and I can create a file on the desktop
    > using 'fopen', but how do you create a folder?

    You will need to use an extension supplied by your implementation. Such
    extensions are dealt with by newsgroups specific to those implementations.
    You don't mention which implementation you are using, so I can't direct you
    to a more appropriate group, but you might want to try one of these:

    comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32
    comp.unix.programmer
    comp.os.msdos.programmer

    --
    Richard Heathfield :

    Richard Heathfield, Aug 30, 2003

  3. Richard Coutts

    Simon Biber Guest

    "Richard Coutts" <> wrote:
    > Windows/C++

    Rule number one: if you need to specify your platform, it's
    probably off-topic on comp.lang.c. For Windows questions go
    to comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.*. For C++ go to
    comp.lang.c++ (but only if it is standard, portable C++).

    > I need to create a folder on the desktop from within my
    > application. I can get the path to the desktop simple
    > enough using 'SHGetSpecialFolderLocation' and I can
    > create a file on the desktop using 'fopen', but how do you
    > create a folder?

    Yup. Off-topic here.

    --
    Simon.