    }

    *****************
    Pea-nutz
    Pea-nutz, Oct 27, 2003

  2. Pea-nutz wrote:

    > I am trying to create a css file that will make the font in my webpage
    > 'amaze.ttf '. It works on *my machine but when I access it from another that
    > doesn't have that font installed I just get a default font. How is this
    > done?

    Have a link to download the font.

    > please don't laugh too loud- here is what I did:
    > *****************
    > .angel {
    > font-family: Amaze;
    > font-size: 12px;
    > font-weight: normal;
    > text-decoration: none;
    > }

    That's nearly correct, but try providing alternatives like:

    font-family : Amaze, Arial, sans-serif;
    Leif K-Brooks, Oct 27, 2003

  3. Pea-nutz

    Pea-nutz Guest

    would you be so kind as to show me how a link to download the font from a
    css would look like?

    would be greatly appreciated...

    Pea-nutz

    Pea-nutz, Oct 27, 2003
  4. Pea-nutz

    Adrienne Guest

    Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "Pea-nutz" <> writing
    in news:Ms_mb.1218$:

    Top posting corrected.

    > "Leif K-Brooks" <> wrote in message
    >> Pea-nutz wrote:
    >>
    >> > I am trying to create a css file that will make the font in my
    >> > webpage 'amaze.ttf '. It works on *my machine but when I access it
    >> > from another that doesn't have that font installed I just get a
    >> > default font. How is this done?

    >> Have a link to download the font.
    >>
    >> > please don't laugh too loud- here is what I did:
    >> > *****************
    >> > .angel {
    >> > font-family: Amaze;
    >> > font-size: 12px;
    >> > font-weight: normal;
    >> > text-decoration: none; }

    >> That's nearly correct, but try providing alternatives like:
    >>
    >> font-family : Amaze, Arial, sans-serif;
    >>

    > would you be so kind as to show me how a link to download the font from
    > a css would look like?
    >
    > would be greatly appreciated...

    Please be aware that there may be copyright issues. You should have
    distribution rights if you are going to do this. Additionally, please note
    in the above example, they name of the file may not be correct.

    --
    Adrienne Boswell
    http://www.arbpen.com
    Adrienne, Oct 27, 2003
  5. Pea-nutz wrote:

    > would you be so kind as to show me how a link to download the font from a
    > css would look like?

    Don't top post. http://allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?How_to_post

    You provide the user with an (X)HTML link to the font and let the
    download it themself.
    Leif K-Brooks, Oct 27, 2003
  6. Pea-nutz

    Pea-nutz Guest

    "Pea-nutz" <> wrote in message
    > I am trying to create a css file that will make the font in my webpage
    > 'amaze.ttf '. It works on *my machine but when I access it from another

    that
    > doesn't have that font installed I just get a default font. How is this
    > done?

    SNIP

    sorry about the top-posting, thanks for the info's greatly appreciated.

    Pea nutz
    Pea-nutz, Oct 27, 2003