newbie: custom server controls

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Ivan Misuno, Feb 1, 2004.

  1. Ivan Misuno

    Ivan Misuno Guest

    Hello there,
    I'm sorry if my question was discussed recently, or covered in MSDN
    documentation, but I've accustomed more to classic web-server programming
    (PHP, old-style ASP), and just cant figure out proper way to implement and
    use server controls...
    Is it possible to implement custom server control, that will render, for
    example, HTML table, based on number of rows/cells, and their properties,
    and to copy HTML code provided in nested tags to output, provided such
    formatting:

    <cutom:table runat="server" otherProperties="" ...>
    <custom:row size="fixed" height="200px">
    <custom:td size="fixed" width="200px">
    other HTML code here, including other HTML tags
    </custom:td>
    <custom:td size="resizable" width="100%">
    </custom:td>
    </custom:row>
    </custom:table>

    Direction for further search is greatly appreciated.
    Thank you very much.

    --
    With best begards, Ivan Misuno
    mailto: