    question
    and then if thats possible, can i simulate the data being passed from the
    web page form for testing the asp program??

    bbxrider, Jun 5, 2005

  2. bbxrider

    John Guest

    "bbxrider" <> wrote in message
    news:%...
    >i have .net2002/visual studio and have only used it so far for vb.net
    > been developing some growing .asp programs that do form processing,
    > running
    > on a different machine, iis5.0,
    > and would like to be able to run/debug those under my visual studio
    > environment, so embarrassed
    > to say don't even know at this point if its possible, so thats the big
    > question
    > and then if thats possible, can i simulate the data being passed from the
    > web page form for testing the asp program??

    Hi,

    If you are talking about debugging Classic ASP, it's a freakin nightmare.

    If I were you, I wouldn't waste my time. Just fill your code full of
    Response.Write()s ... that is actually a hell of a lot more effecient.

    THANK GOD for .NET!!!

    --
    Regards,
    John MacIntyre

    John, Jun 5, 2005

  3. bbxrider

    bbxrider Guest

    thanks for the reply
    i have been using the response.write technique, but ran into some kind of
    problem, i think because i executed
    wscipt.createobject instead of server.createobject and then could not run
    any asp! had to reboot, so was trying
    to get around that
    is it possible then to rewrite the old asp into asp.net and run that on my
    win2k/iis5.0 server??
    bbx

    bbxrider, Jun 5, 2005
  4. bbxrider

    John Guest

    "bbxrider" <> wrote in message
    > is it possible then to rewrite the old asp into asp.net and run that on my
    > win2k/iis5.0 server??
    > bbx

    I have asp.net running on a Win2k/IIS5 machine without problems.

    John, Jun 5, 2005
  5. bbxrider

    bbxrider Guest

    thanks again, sounds like my next project

    bbxrider, Jun 5, 2005