newbie debug asp

bbxrider

i have .net2002/visual studio and have only used it so far for vb.net
been developing some growing .asp programs that do form processing, running
on a different machine, iis5.0,
and would like to be able to run/debug those under my visual studio
environment, so embarrassed
to say don't even know at this point if its possible, so thats the big
question
and then if thats possible, can i simulate the data being passed from the
web page form for testing the asp program??

John

bbxrider said:
i have .net2002/visual studio and have only used it so far for vb.net
been developing some growing .asp programs that do form processing,
running
on a different machine, iis5.0,
and would like to be able to run/debug those under my visual studio
environment, so embarrassed
to say don't even know at this point if its possible, so thats the big
question
and then if thats possible, can i simulate the data being passed from the
web page form for testing the asp program??

Hi,

If you are talking about debugging Classic ASP, it's a freakin nightmare.

If I were you, I wouldn't waste my time. Just fill your code full of
Response.Write()s ... that is actually a hell of a lot more effecient.

THANK GOD for .NET!!!

bbxrider

thanks for the reply
i have been using the response.write technique, but ran into some kind of
problem, i think because i executed
wscipt.createobject instead of server.createobject and then could not run
any asp! had to reboot, so was trying
to get around that
is it possible then to rewrite the old asp into asp.net and run that on my
win2k/iis5.0 server??
bbx

John

bbxrider said:
is it possible then to rewrite the old asp into asp.net and run that on my
win2k/iis5.0 server??
bbx

I have asp.net running on a Win2k/IIS5 machine without problems.