Newbie Deployment question

Colin Basterfield

Hi,

I am building a ASP.NET web app that a compnay is hosting for me, and they
have given me all the FTP info so I can upload files to the virtual
directory, and they have put a default.htm file there, which says the web
site is coming.

This I fear is a lame question but how can I get my default web page to
appear instead of theirs when visitors type in www.mywebsite.com

TIA
Colin B

Pat Lester

As long as they have ASP.NET installed, you should be able to just copy over
that default file. (Anyone) Correct me if I'm wrong, but they must have
their server set up to recognize the aspx page as a default page as well.

If they don't have the .NET framework on their server, you might be up the
creek.

Colin Basterfield

Hi Pat,
If they don't have the .NET framework on their server, you might be up the
creek.

They do, that was why I chose them.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but they must have their server set up to
recognize the aspx page as a default page as well.

I am assuming this to be the case.

many thanks
Colin B

bredal Jensen

On the document tab of the property of your virtual directory in the IIS
snap shot
they should move default.aspx up front . You should actually make sure they
have done it.
I have had the same problem with my own server especially if they are using
windows 2003 server.

And of course your applicaticon start up page should be deafult.aspx .
The idea here is , that it should what ever .htm or aspx is first listed in
"documents" of
your application property.