Newbie Embedded Image Question.

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Larry Lindstrom, May 29, 2009.

  1. Hi Folks:

    I'm an old Newbie. I built a couple of sites using Javascript
    about 10 years ago, but haven't touched web stuff since. So I'm
    trying to dust off old skills.

    I've just finished the first HTML tutorial at W3Schools, and it
    seems fine to me, but a poster in the first thread of this group that
    I read seemed unimpressed with them. I

    I never know what I'm missing, is there a preferred site to learn
    about this stuff?

    I've been wanting to get back into web stuff, and my partner in a
    project I'm working on wants to add images to the email the program
    generates and sends.

    I know I can anchor images on a web server, but can they be
    embedded in email?

    I'd appreciate suggestions on how to approach this.

    I've also noticed that if I send HTML to my account on Comcast,
    then use Comcast's facilities to read the email, it displays the HTML
    source, and not the table I'd like to see.

    The email is like:

    Description of a table that displays fine on Firebird

    If I tell Firefox to display this file, a simple table pops up.
    But not if I go through Comcast's site.

    I've selected "Display Format (*) As HTML (when possible)" in
    Comcast's email preferences.

    Thanks
    Larry

    Larry Lindstrom, May 29, 2009