Newbie Embedded Image Question.

Larry Lindstrom

Hi Folks:

I'm an old Newbie. I built a couple of sites using Javascript
about 10 years ago, but haven't touched web stuff since. So I'm
trying to dust off old skills.

I've just finished the first HTML tutorial at W3Schools, and it
seems fine to me, but a poster in the first thread of this group that
I read seemed unimpressed with them. I

I never know what I'm missing, is there a preferred site to learn
about this stuff?

I've been wanting to get back into web stuff, and my partner in a
project I'm working on wants to add images to the email the program
generates and sends.

I know I can anchor images on a web server, but can they be
embedded in email?

I'd appreciate suggestions on how to approach this.

I've also noticed that if I send HTML to my account on Comcast,
then use Comcast's facilities to read the email, it displays the HTML
source, and not the table I'd like to see.

The email is like:

Description of a table that displays fine on Firebird

If I tell Firefox to display this file, a simple table pops up.
But not if I go through Comcast's site.

I've selected "Display Format (*) As HTML (when possible)" in
Comcast's email preferences.

Thanks
Larry