Newbie, embedded table question

foldface

Hi
Its only now that I'm having to really know whats going on with html.
The example below will display as:

hi
hi

Why is the first hi further out than the second one, whats the mechanism
controlling this? Padding? Is it just the way it is? Can they be vertically
aligned even if one is inside an embedded table?

<TR>
</TR>
<TR>
</TR>

Thanks

Leif K-Brooks

Why is the first hi further out than the second one, whats the mechanism
controlling this? Padding? Is it just the way it is? Can they be vertically
aligned even if one is inside an embedded table?

Don't worry about that, worry about why you think you need to use nested
tables. http://dorward.me.uk/www/nested/

Barefoot Kid

its to do with cell padding and cell spacing, if u dont specifically set cell and spacing to 0 u get
cell padding and spacing of 2px or so. try setting cell padding and spacing to 0 and u will see that
the text aligns horizontally
Hung Diep
New Media Designer
www.intro-spect.co.uk
0795 6576 319

| Hi
| Its only now that I'm having to really know whats going on with html.
| The example below will display as:
|
| hi
| hi
|
| Why is the first hi further out than the second one, whats the mechanism
| controlling this? Padding? Is it just the way it is? Can they be vertically
| aligned even if one is inside an embedded table?

| <TR>
| </TR>
| <TR>
| </TR>
|
| Thanks

Barefoot Kid

| its to do with cell padding and cell spacing, if u dont specifically set cell and spacing to 0 u
get
| cell padding and spacing of 2px or so. try setting cell padding and spacing to 0 and u will see
that
| the text aligns horizontally

....i mean vertically

Barefoot Kid

| > | the text aligns horizontally
| >
| > ...i mean vertically
| >

| you mean horizontally?

ohh i dont know wot i mean anymore now :p