Newbie, embedded table question

Discussion in 'HTML' started by foldface@yahoo.co.uk, Nov 21, 2003.

  1. Guest

    Hi
    Its only now that I'm having to really know whats going on with html.
    The example below will display as:

    hi
    hi

    Why is the first hi further out than the second one, whats the mechanism
    controlling this? Padding? Is it just the way it is? Can they be vertically
    aligned even if one is inside an embedded table?

    <TR>
    </TR>
    <TR>
    </TR>

    Thanks

    , Nov 21, 2003

  2. wrote:

    > Why is the first hi further out than the second one, whats the mechanism
    > controlling this? Padding? Is it just the way it is? Can they be vertically
    > aligned even if one is inside an embedded table?

    Don't worry about that, worry about why you think you need to use nested
    tables. http://dorward.me.uk/www/nested/

    Leif K-Brooks, Nov 21, 2003

  3. Barefoot Kid Guest

    its to do with cell padding and cell spacing, if u dont specifically set cell and spacing to 0 u get
    cell padding and spacing of 2px or so. try setting cell padding and spacing to 0 and u will see that
    the text aligns horizontally
    Hung Diep
    New Media Designer
    www.intro-spect.co.uk
    0795 6576 319

    Barefoot Kid, Nov 21, 2003
  4. Barefoot Kid Guest

    "Barefoot Kid" <> wrote in message
    | its to do with cell padding and cell spacing, if u dont specifically set cell and spacing to 0 u
    get
    | cell padding and spacing of 2px or so. try setting cell padding and spacing to 0 and u will see
    that
    | the text aligns horizontally

    ....i mean vertically

    Hung Diep
    New Media Designer
    www.intro-spect.co.uk
    0795 6576 319

    Barefoot Kid, Nov 22, 2003
  5. Nick Howes Guest

    > | the text aligns horizontally
    >
    > ...i mean vertically

    you mean horizontally?

    Nick Howes, Nov 22, 2003
  6. Barefoot Kid Guest

    "Nick Howes" <> wrote in message
    | > | the text aligns horizontally
    | >
    | > ...i mean vertically
    | >

    | you mean horizontally?

    ohh i dont know wot i mean anymore now :p
    Hung Diep
    New Media Designer
    www.intro-spect.co.uk
    0795 6576 319