Newbie -- Error: The File could not be loaded into the Web Forms designer.

Delali Dzirasa

I am newbie to ASP.NET and can't seem to be my first test web application
off the ground. I just completed a fresh install of VS 2003 and when I
attemp to create a new web application (in any language) I get the following
error:

The file could not be loaded into the Web Forms designer. Please correct
the following error and then try loading it again:

Illegal character in path.

Make sure all of the classes used in the page are built or referenced in the
project. Click Help for more information.

When click help I am taken to the following page:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...efilecouldnotbeloadedintowebformsdesigner.asp

I have tried everything that is suggested and still can not get rid of this
error. This is my first try at VS web apps and have no idea what may be
wrong.

Any help on this?

Delali

Saber

what 'path' are you trying to use when you attemp to create a new web
application?