    Before writing one from scratch, I would like to be sure
    that there is no such thing available somewhere.

    Thanks!
    Christian Jauvin, Jan 21, 2004

  2. > I need a "File Buffered" Text widget (in Tkinter), that
    > is a window over a buffered text file which would behave
    > as if the entire file was loaded in memory (permitting
    > the user to browse huge corpora text files).
    >
    > Before writing one from scratch, I would like to be sure
    > that there is no such thing available somewhere.

    Creating your own read-only widget shouldn't be too difficult. Creating
    your own read-write widget would be a bit more difficult. I would offer
    to write a wxPython read-only one (it would take like 10 minutes), but
    you're looking for Tkinter, so nevermind.

    - Josiah
    Josiah Carlson, Jan 21, 2004