Newbie ?: Force a periodic postback??

Comcast

Hopefully this will be an easy question, newbie here.

Is there a simple way to force a periodic postback to a page? I want to
simulate a picture slideshow and every five seconds (or so) want to cycle
the web control image from one picture to another.

I've tried doing a timer control (doesn't refresh thepage) and playing
around with META/REFRESH (causes a totally new load of the page) and was
thinking about generating some dynamic <script> code, but that just seems a
little daunting .....

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks in advance,
Patrick

Natty Gur

Hi,

if you want just to farce postback you have to use DHTML and java script
to submit form (buttons) or call __postback function periodically.

Natty Gur, CTO
Dao2Com Ltd.
34th Elkalay st. Raanana
Israel , 43000