Newbie Formhandler

Greg

Hi,

I'm looking for a form handler script that will take what ever is entered in
textbox 1 (there will be multiple textboxes) and use it for a txt filename.
I would also need spaces in the name converted to underscores and if a file
already exists with the same filename is it possible to either see if the
contents are the same or give the new file a 1 or something like that in
front of the filename?. I'm not worried about E-mail, just the txt file and
a thank you page.
Has anyone see this?

Jonathan Stowe

simonis said:
There are myriad form handlers out there on the Internet, a quick
search of Google would have shown you this.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=example+form+handler

Whilst I would in general agree with the 'help yourself' approach to this
question, I think it would be best to point out that the majority of the
examples that this search brings up are utterly appalling and as I would
guess that the OP has no way of discerning the wheat from the chaff it might
be worth suggesting that he first start by reading:

http://www.perl.com/pub/a/2002/01/23/cgi.html

and then suggesting reading the documentation for the CGI module at:

http://search.cpan.org/src/LDS/CGI.pm-2.99/cgi_docs.html

HTH

/J\