    Has anyone see this?

    --
    Greg

    Greg, Aug 14, 2003

  2. simonis <> wrote:
    > Greg wrote:
    > >
    > > I'm looking for a form handler script that will take what ever is
    > > entered in textbox 1 (there will be multiple textboxes) and use it
    > > for a txt filename. I would also need spaces in the name converted
    > > to underscores and if a file already exists with the same filename is
    > > it possible to either see if the contents are the same or give the
    > > new file a 1 or something like that in front of the filename?. I'm
    > > not worried about E-mail, just the txt file and a thank you page.
    > > Has anyone see this?

    > There are myriad form handlers out there on the Internet, a quick
    > search of Google would have shown you this.
    >
    > http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=example form handler

    Whilst I would in general agree with the 'help yourself' approach to this
    question, I think it would be best to point out that the majority of the
    examples that this search brings up are utterly appalling and as I would
    guess that the OP has no way of discerning the wheat from the chaff it might
    be worth suggesting that he first start by reading:

    http://www.perl.com/pub/a/2002/01/23/cgi.html

    and then suggesting reading the documentation for the CGI module at:

    http://search.cpan.org/src/LDS/CGI.pm-2.99/cgi_docs.html

    HTH

    /J\
    --