Newbie Frontier::Daemon problem

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by lepi, Aug 28, 2004.

  1. lepi

    lepi Guest

    Hello,

    Maybe this isn't the right place to ask this question, 'couse maybe it
    has nothing to do with Frontier::RPC, but anyhow I will ask.

    Question is about this example
    http://xmlrpc-c.sourceforge.net/xmlrpc-howto/xmlrpc-howto-perl-server.html
    I started it on one computer in my LAN, and tried client from the other
    one. There is no firewalls. All the time I'm getting HTTP Error 403
    -Forbidden on the client. I can't figure out why?? Maybe this is newbie
    thing. :)

    Anyhow, do I need web server on the computer where I'm running this
    XMLRPC server?? (It is running on my computer) Is this program acting
    like standalone server on port 8080 or it uses Apache (or something)???

    Thank you

    Tomislav

    lepi, Aug 28, 2004