NEWBIE has a prob

Hugo Bohorquez

Hello, I have just picked up a book on ASP.NET and installed the .NET
framework 1.1. I run Win XP Pro SP1 and IIS 5.1.

The problem:
I 've tried to run two different .aspx files and the browser displays simple
html (text) but no forms or anything like that. IE keeps giving this error
"Line: 4, Char:6, Error:Expected ';', Code:0", but I've checked the code and
is fine. Everything works ok with good old ASP.
Any idea what this annoyance might be?

Thank you all in advance.