Newbie help on a script or command

Mark

Windows NT4 with latest perl from activestate.com

I just need a script (or command for command prompt) that will check for the
existence of any files in a specific directory. If any files are there, send
an email to someone.

This is very simple for me to do in other languages, but Perl is about 10
minutes old to me at this point. I've done a few web searches for scripts
without luck (most seem to be cgi stuff).

Any help is appreciated.

Paul Lalli

Windows NT4 with latest perl from activestate.com

I just need a script (or command for command prompt) that will check for the
existence of any files in a specific directory. If any files are there, send
an email to someone.

This is very simple for me to do in other languages, but Perl is about 10
minutes old to me at this point. I've done a few web searches for scripts
without luck (most seem to be cgi stuff).

Any help is appreciated.

perldoc -f opendir
perldoc -f readdir
perldoc -q "send mail"