    sure you will know more about that than I do.

    Thanks again,
    macnoob

    macnoob, Jul 24, 2006

  2. On 2006-07-24, macnoob <> wrote:
    > Can someone please point me towards a compiler on the web for C++ that
    > I can use with a mac, preferably a free one? I have a Powerbook and
    > would like to learn C++ when I can get a spare few minutes each day.

    C doesn't know what a Mac is, nor a Powerbook, nor C++. Maybe you would
    like to try a group relating to at least one of those three things.

    > Preferably I would like to use a GUI-based one if available, but I'm
    > sure you will know more about that than I do.

    Why would you want a GUI?
    http://www.charlespetzold.com/etc/DoesVisualStudioRotTheMind.html

    --
    Andrew Poelstra <website down>
    My server is down; you can't mail

    Andrew Poelstra, Jul 24, 2006

  3. macnoob

    Flash Gordon Guest

    macnoob wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > Many thanks in advnce for any help.
    >
    > Can someone please point me towards a compiler on the web for C++ that

    Look at the name of the group you have posted to then look at at the
    language you are asking about. See? The two are different. Before
    posting to comp.lang.c++ check their FAQ to see if it lists possible
    compilers and whether such a question would be topical. Failing that a
    Mac group would be a good place to look.

    Flash Gordon, Jul 24, 2006
  4. macnoob

    tharpa Guest

    macnoob,

    Try comp.lang.c++. The most recent version of the mac os is based on
    unix, so they should be able to point you towards one.

    tharpa

    tharpa, Jul 24, 2006
  5. On 24 Jul 2006 13:07:02 -0700, in comp.lang.c , "macnoob"
    <> wrote:

    >Hi all,
    >
    >Many thanks in advnce for any help.
    >
    >Can someone please point me towards a compiler on the web for C++ that
    >I can use with a mac, preferably a free one?

    Firstly, this is the C language group, not the C++ one
    Secondly, specific tools are offtopic in both places
    Lastly, any reasonably recent Mac can run gcc. For more info, ask in a
    Mac and/or gcc group.

    --
    Mark McIntyre

    --Brian Kernighan

    Mark McIntyre, Jul 24, 2006
  6. macnoob

    Monkey Guest

    macnoob wrote:
    > Can someone please point me towards a compiler on the web for C++ that
    > I can use with a mac, preferably a free one? I have a Powerbook and
    > would like to learn C++ when I can get a spare few minutes each day.
    >
    > Preferably I would like to use a GUI-based one if available, but I'm
    > sure you will know more about that than I do.

    [Follow-ups set.]

    Assuming you mean Mac OS X:

    <http://developer.apple.com/>

    Monkey, Jul 25, 2006