NEWBIE: How to determine if link has been visited earlier?

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by marcokrechting@zonnet.nl, Jul 30, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Hi All,

    I'm trying to create a page with hyperlinks and the code displayed
    below is how I display the links. I want to add something to distingish
    between links that have been visited and those who haven't. Some kind
    of bullet.gif or something.
    I want to save the visited links in a cookie and when the page is
    opened that the links who have been visited are displayed different.
    When I click a link this must be added to the cookie.

    function HW(link,tekst,clipdata) {
    target=telt();
    if (wi==1) {
    target="_top";
    }

    text2write = b2 + link + "'" + tag + target + "'";
    text2write += "onclick='setClip(\"" + clipdata + returnDate() +
    "\");";
    text2write +=
    "n(\""+target+"\",\""+"http://cww."+link+"\",\""+tekst+"\")'";
    text2write += ">" + tekst + L;

    h(text2write);

    }

    function setClip(clipdata) {
    if (window.clipboardData) {
    window.clipboardData.setData('text', clipdata);
    }

    <SCRIPT language=javascript>
    HW('myweblink/2005/Rep','Reports 2005','MWL.BRIEF.2005.') Etc...
    </SCRIPT>

    }

    Regards
    Co