newbie: html, scroll bar position

boanator

I am trying to create a scrollable area of text in my web page. I
would like the scrollbar to be positioned at the bottom of this
scrollable area. I am not sure exactly how to do this.

Currently I have tried creating a scrollable table, but every time I
load the page, the scrollbar is positioned back at the top of the table
and I cannot figure out how to position the scrollbar..

This is how I have created my scrollable table:
<c:forEach var="line" items="${rvList}">
<c:eek:ut value="${line}"/><br/>
</c:forEach>

Is there a better way to do this? Thanks in advance for any advice or
information.