newbie: html, scroll bar position

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by boanator@gmail.com, Feb 9, 2006.

  1. Guest

    I am trying to create a scrollable area of text in my web page. I
    would like the scrollbar to be positioned at the bottom of this
    scrollable area. I am not sure exactly how to do this.

    Currently I have tried creating a scrollable table, but every time I
    load the page, the scrollbar is positioned back at the top of the table
    and I cannot figure out how to position the scrollbar..

    This is how I have created my scrollable table:
    <c:forEach var="line" items="${rvList}">
    <c:eek:ut value="${line}"/><br/>
    </c:forEach>

    Is there a better way to do this? Thanks in advance for any advice or
    information.
    , Feb 9, 2006