newbie - IIS needed?

Mark Oliver

Hi,

Do i have to install IIS to develop (but not host) an asp.net application?
i don't want to install IIS because of the security problems it causes, and
so far i haven't been able to install IIS because it asks for infocomm.dll
from XP service pack 1 - and the only place i have seen infocomm.dll is at
KB q192296 from 1998.

Thanks,
Mark

John M Deal

Take a look at www.asp.net with the WebMatrix project. WebMatrix comes
with an alternate personal web server capable of serving up ASP.Net and
web services. Hope that helps.

Have A Better One!

John M Deal, MCP
Necessity Software

Mark Oliver

Hi,

i finally got IIS to install by expand ing a couple of files on the WinXP
SP1a DVD. i still can't make a asp.net job in VS7, now i get a message
that my server doesn't support asp.net 1.1. WebMatrix worked great on the
Web Matrix Server! On IIS only the label from myFirstPage showed up. How
do i get IIS to support asp.net 1.1? Should i reinstall the 1.1 Framework
update?

Thanks,
Mark

Kevin Spencer

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\aspnet_regiis.exe -i

--
HTH,
Kevin Spencer