Newbie IIS6 question: How to delete items from the Default Application Pool?

deko

Running IIS 6 on WS03

When I launch IIS Manager and expand Application Pools >> DefaultAppPool,
there are some Default Applications, and also a bunch of stuff that is
residue from practice web applications created from Visual Studio.Net:
WebApplication1, WebApplicationi2, etc.

How do I delete this stuff (the defunct WebApplication1, etc) and why is it
still there?

Thanks in Advance.

Ken Schaefer

The application details are stored in the IIS Metabase. You can use the
Metabase Explorer to delete them if they no longer exist.

If you delete the folder hosting a web application directly off the file
system (eg via Explorer), IIS doesn't know that, and the web application
remains defined in the metabase.

Instead, you should use the IIS Manager to delete the web application root
first (properties of the web app, and click "remove" on the directory tab,
where the Application Root settings are), then delete the folder off the
hard disk.

Metabase Explorer is available from:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...ee-a71a-4c73-b628-ade629c89499&DisplayLang=en

Cheers
Ken

: Running IIS 6 on WS03
:
[...]

Outstanding! I appreciate the clear and concise reply with a link to the
resource I needed. It worked great, and now I know how to avoid the problem
in the future. Thanks for the help!