    --
    Running Kubuntu 5.10 with KDE 3.4.3 and proud of it.
    jabber:
    Rui Maciel, Nov 2, 2005

  2. Rui Maciel wrote:

    > After my attempt at creating a personal site, I started wondering if it was
    > possible to store a certain type of content (lists and small data tables
    > for example) in a XML file and use the information stored in the XML file
    > in the content of the XML file.

    You can try that but storing data might be better done with a data base.
    At least if the data needs to be updated often and by several users of
    the web site.
    The main issue to decide is whether to use server-side or client-side
    programming to extract data from XML and transform it to HTML to be
    included in the HTML documents a browser of a visitor to your web site
    displays. Not everyone has server-side programming (e.g. PHP or ASP or
    JSP or Perl CGI) with his hosting but that is the only way to ensure any
    visitor gets the proper content and not only one visiting with a browser
    supporting e.g. JavaScript and/or XML and/or client-side XSLT.

    visitors of your web site see.

    --

    Martin Honnen
    http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/