newbie: installing rails on standalone pc

Peña, Botp

Hi All,

How do i install rails to a pc that does not have an internet/network =
connection?

The rails site only mentions gem installation. Is that the only way to =
go?

i was thinking: Maybe i should copy the gem db fr a connected pc and =
save it to a usb. And then use gem fr the standalone pc to point to that =
db. I am not sure really on how if ever this works.=20

Pointers and tips, pls.

kind regards -botp

Arie Kusuma Atmaja

2005/8/15 said:
Hi All,
=20
How do i install rails to a pc that does not have an internet/network con= nection?
=20
The rails site only mentions gem installation. Is that the only way to go= ?
=20
i was thinking: Maybe i should copy the gem db fr a connected pc and save=
it to a usb. And then use gem fr the standalone pc to point to that db. I =
am not sure really on how if ever this works.
=20
Pointers and tips, pls.
=20
kind regards -botp
you could download rails gem and its dependencies, then install them locall=
y.
gem install --local --include-dependencies rails=20
ps. You better join rails maillist, there are so many helpful
developers there ..
--=20
kind regard,
<%=3D Arie %> | http://blog.riyari.com | Y!: riyari3
email: ariekusumaatmaja_at_gmail_dot_com