Newbie - JSP problem.

zalek

I have a space on a Tomcat server where I have some Java servlets.
Compiled servlets are located in
/home/catalina/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.29/webapps/myapp/WEB-INF/classes
directory

I started to learn JSP. Into which directory should I put my .jsp
programs?
I put my first HelloWorld.jsp to:
/home/catalina/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.29/webapps/myapp

and here is what is what I am getting:

Hello! The time is now <%= new java.util.Date() %>

Thanks,

Zalek

Arne Vajhøj

zalek said:
I have a space on a Tomcat server where I have some Java servlets.
Compiled servlets are located in
/home/catalina/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.29/webapps/myapp/WEB-INF/classes
directory

I started to learn JSP. Into which directory should I put my .jsp
programs?
I put my first HelloWorld.jsp to:
/home/catalina/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.29/webapps/myapp

and here is what is what I am getting:

Hello! The time is now <%= new java.util.Date() %>

That is the correct directory assuming you want URL:

http://localhost:8080/myapp/foobar.jsp

You do not have an Apache HTTPD serving the file ?

Arne

Roger Lindsjö

zalek said:
I have a space on a Tomcat server where I have some Java servlets.
Compiled servlets are located in
/home/catalina/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.29/webapps/myapp/WEB-INF/classes
directory

I started to learn JSP. Into which directory should I put my .jsp
programs?
I put my first HelloWorld.jsp to:
/home/catalina/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.29/webapps/myapp

and here is what is what I am getting:

Hello! The time is now <%= new java.util.Date() %>

Does the myapp folder have the folder WEB-INF with a valid web.xml file?