Newbie: MachineName/ASPNet login denied to MSDE

RedbudVal

This is so simple, its driving me nuts. I have MSDE (SQL Server 2K)
installed on my local hard drive with Windows Authentication. Am running
Windows XP Pro SP1 with .NET Framework 1.1. Installed IIS component also on
my local hard drive. It created this account MyMachineName/ASPNET. So far
so good. The problem - whenever I try to access the Northwind database on
MSDE, from an ASP.NET application (test), I am getting an error on the
connection saying that my User login failed (MachineName/ASPNET). I am 100%
sure that the connection string is correct. I thought since this is all on
my local hard drive, there should be no problem, so obvious something is
wrong with permission level of ASPNET user is hosed. Suggestions? Thanks in
advance.

RedbudVal

I resolved my problem and wanted to post it, just in case anyone cares...The
problems was in SQL Server access rights not DotNet. Because I installed IIS
on my local machine, I needed to add the user ASPNET to my authorized users
for the database. Once I did this, made sure that it had the correct domain
(my machine name), and gave it the proper access rights then my problem was
fixed.