Newbie - Mixed Mode Security

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Des Norton, Sep 29, 2004.

  1. Des Norton

    Des Norton Guest

    Hi NG

    I am busy planning a new project for a client. This is my first ASP.NET app.
    This will be an Intranet, therefore I am considering Windows Authentication.

    However:
    1. They have a number of user that dial into their network, and log on to
    the domain.
    Am I correct in assuming that they will be covered by Windows
    Authentication?

    2. In the not too distant future, They would like to make certain portions
    of the site available to users who will be accessing it via the Internet.
    For this I am considering Forms Authentication. Is it possible to have both
    Window and forms Authentication on the same Application? If YES, Where can
    I find documentation on implementing it?

    Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

    Regards
    Des Norton

    Des Norton, Sep 29, 2004

  2. Des Norton

    [MSFT] Guest

    Hello,

    For question 1, dial-in user also have a windows account and this is
    covered by Windows Authentication.
    For question 2, you may take a look at following article to see if this can
    resolve the problem:

    How to authenticate against the Active Directory by using Forms
    authentication and Visual C# .NET
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q316748

    If you have further question, please feel free to let me know.

    Luke

    [MSFT], Sep 30, 2004

  3. Des Norton

    Des Norton Guest