newbie: need help with this css/html code

Jeff

hey

asp.net 2.0

Please, I need some help with the layout of my webpage. this link shows my
problem: http://home.online.no/~au-holme/pub/66707/divtrouble.PNG

Instead of fieldname and value are displayed like this:
<FIELDNAME>
<FIELDVALUE>

I want fieldname & fieldvalue to be displayed on the same line:
<FIELDNAME> <FIELDVALUE>

This is my html:
<ul class="settings">
<li>Site preference
<ul class="subsettings">
<li><div class="setting">
<asp:DropDownList ID="ddlSubscriptions"
runat="server">
<asp:ListItem Text="No subscription"
Value="None" Selected="true"></asp:ListItem>
<asp:ListItem Text="Subscribe to plain-text
vesion" Value="PlainText"></asp:ListItem>
<asp:ListItem Text="Subscribe to HTML version"
Value="Html"></asp:ListItem>
</asp:DropDownList>
</li>
<asp:DropDownList ID="ddlLanguages" runat="server">
<asp:ListItem Text="English" Value="en-US"
Selected="True"></asp:ListItem>
<asp:ListItem Text="Norwegian"
Value="no-NO"></asp:ListItem>
</asp:DropDownList>