newbie -needs help displaying into textarea from a db

Joe Todd

I apologize in advance because I think this problem has been posted before,
but I haven't seen any answers.

I have some data in a MySQL db that I'm trying to put into a page for
editing.
All is OK except for a couple of potentially large chunks of text that I
have set up to go into a textarea.
What I'm getting is the first line of text apparently centered with some
gratuitious tabs and spaces in the front.
Subsequent lines seem to be OK. I have tried several unsuccessful means of
left-alligning all the text. It's not too bad with a truly large amount of
text, but it looks horrible when there's just a few words.

What do I need to do to display the text correctly? I would prefer a
stylesheet solution if possible, but a pure html solution that works is OK
with me too!

Thanks,

Joe Todd

dorayme

"Joe Todd said:
I apologize in advance because I think this problem has been posted before,
but I haven't seen any answers.

I have some data in a MySQL db that I'm trying to put into a page for
editing.
All is OK except for a couple of potentially large chunks of text that I
have set up to go into a textarea.
What I'm getting is the first line of text apparently centered with some
gratuitious tabs and spaces in the front.
Subsequent lines seem to be OK. I have tried several unsuccessful means of
left-alligning all the text. It's not too bad with a truly large amount of
text, but it looks horrible when there's just a few words.

What do I need to do to display the text correctly? I would prefer a
stylesheet solution if possible, but a pure html solution that works is OK
with me too!

Would it be possible, now I don't mean to seem pushy, and please
understand that I have every respect for your private use of HTML/CSS,
for you at least to give some hints as to what HTML and/or CSS you might
have tried. I repeat, I am not probing for any URL or any snippet of
what you have actually tried. No, just a wee hint more, if that would be
ok with you, if you can be bothered? When you have plenty of time.