Newbie needs help with XML & Java

Edu

Hi,

Can anybody help me with this problem? :

I'v got a database of news in an XML file that looks like:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
<news>
<new id='XXYYYZZZZZZTTT'>
<topic>sport</topic>
<language l='es'>
<headline>Aquí va el titular</headline>
<abstract>Aquí va el resumen de la noticia</abstract>
<data>Pues la noticia en si misma</data>
</language>
<language l='en'>
<headline>Here the headline</headline>
<abstract>Put here the abstract</abstract>
<data>The news in itself</data>
</language>
</new>
</news>

we have an element root <news> with a repository of news which can be
written in different languages and are related to different topics (sports,
weather, etc.). What I want is a servlet taht serve XML pages containing
only news of desired topic and desired language. For example:

http://myserver.com/news/servlet/MyServlet?topic=sport&language=es returns:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
<news>
<new id='XXYYYZZZZZZTTT'>
<topic>sport</topic>
<language l='es'>
<headline>Aquí va el titular</headline>
<abstract>Aquí va el resumen de la noticia</abstract>
<data>Pues la noticia en si misma</data>
</language>
</new>
</news>

The problem is not the retrieval of query parameters (topic and language),
the problem is the operation with XML data.

Thanks in advance!

Edu

gerrymcc

Edu said:
Hi,
Can anybody help me with this problem? :
I'v got a database of news in an XML file that looks like:
The problem is not the retrieval of query parameters (topic and language),
the problem is the operation with XML data
Thanks in advance!
Edu

I think this is what a combination of OPML and XSL is supposed to
address.
Gerard