newbie : netbeans IDE - how to get sdk help

Walter Mitty

I've searched with google but no luck.

Can someone who uses the netbeans 3.5 IDE please explain to me how I get
the SDK help working in netbeans (e.g hilite "javax" and hit alt-f1)?

I have downloaded the latest doc hierarchy but when I try and mount it, the
javadoc manager complains that there are no valid files there for it to
index or whatever.

thanks.

dada rara

1. Mount the docs archive (or dir) as you have done, ignore the warning
2. Change the root offset to "docs/api"
3. I use CTRL-SPACE for suggestions and it also brings up JavaDoc

d.