    compile it myself, or if I'm off my rocker and just need to do something
    totally different to get this thing work, that would be great.

    Thanks

    Jockser, Jun 25, 2006

  2. Jockser

    John Bokma Guest

    "Jockser" <> wrote:

    > Hello, I'm trying to install Template-Toolkit-2.15.
    > This is my first time dealling with Perl and have only done a very
    > little with VB, and Jscript before. I've noticed that the normail
    > instructions for installing it fail due to me running on a WinXP
    > system. I think I have to use a precompiled version of Template
    > Tookit to get it installed via PPM but I'm coming up short on where to
    > down load a precompiled version.
    >
    > If someone could tell me where to get a precompiled version, or how to
    > compile it myself, or if I'm off my rocker and just need to do
    > something totally different to get this thing work, that would be
    > great.

    C:\>ppm install http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/ppms/Template-Toolkit.ppd

    might do the trick.

    --
    John Bokma Freelance software developer
    &

    John Bokma, Jun 25, 2006

  3. Jockser

    Jockser Guest

    Thanks for the try John, but it seems to point back out to a URL that
    doesn't have the package any more
    Here is what I get.

    ppm> install http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/ppms/Template-Toolkit.p
    Error: Failed to download URL
    http://openinteract.sourceforge.net/AppConfig.ppd: 404 Not Found

    Also AppConfig is a requirement for Template Toolkit so I tried to install
    it via http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/ppms/
    Here is what I get with that one:

    ppm> install http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/ppms/appconfig.ppd
    Error: Failed to download URL
    http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/ppms/appconfig.ppd: 404 Not Found

    Looks like I'll have to keep hunting or figure out a way to create this PPM
    some how with the normal source.

    Anyone have any suggestions?

    Thanks

    Jockser, Jun 25, 2006
  4. Jockser

    Jockser Guest

    Did some more digging around and finally found it under:

    http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/cgi-bin/ppmserver?urn:/PPMServer58

    Thanks, wouldn't have gotten that far with out your help.

    Jockser, Jun 25, 2006
  5. Jockser

    Bart Lateur Guest

    Bart Lateur, Jun 25, 2006
  6. Jockser

    Guest

    Bart Lateur wrote:

    > Jockser wrote:
    >
    > >ppm> install http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/ppms/appconfig.ppd
    > >Error: Failed to download URL
    > >http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/ppms/appconfig.ppd: 404 Not Found

    > It would help if you used the proper case - internet URLs are case
    > sensitive.
    >
    > <http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/ppms/AppConfig.ppd>

    That depends on the underlying server/OS, and isn't even true in the
    strictest of senses as domains are never case sensitive.

    Matt

    , Jun 25, 2006
  7. Jockser

    -berlin.de Guest

    <> wrote in comp.lang.perl.misc:
    > Bart Lateur wrote:
    >
    > > Jockser wrote:
    > >
    > > >ppm> install http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/ppms/appconfig.ppd
    > > >Error: Failed to download URL
    > > >http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/ppms/appconfig.ppd: 404 Not Found

    > > It would help if you used the proper case - internet URLs are case
    > > sensitive.
    > >
    > > <http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/ppms/AppConfig.ppd>
    > >

    > That depends on the underlying server/OS,

    A server can decide to serve the same data for different URLs. That
    doesn't make the URLs equivalent.

    > and isn't even true in the
    > strictest of senses as domains are never case sensitive.

    So? The domain is only part of a URL. The rest of it is still
    case-sensitive.

    Anno

    -berlin.de, Jun 28, 2006