    don't give enough questions for self-education. I was wondering does anyone
    have some good websites or references for cases\questions or problems that
    are good for beginners to practice thier coding with!

    Michael Mortimer, Jun 1, 2007

  2. Michael Mortimer

    Jeff Rollin Guest

    In the last episode, on Friday 15 Sivan 5767 13:21, Michael Mortimer wrote:

    > Hi all,
    > I'm just starting out with learning C++ and I find that many books
    > don't give enough questions for self-education. I was wondering does
    > anyone have some good websites or references for cases\questions or
    > problems that are good for beginners to practice thier coding with!

    As it happens, just today I found this site, which has mathematical problems
    which (it claims) are easier to solve by computer than by hand; you might
    wish to take a look:

    http://projecteuler.net/

    HTH

    Jeff

    Jeff Rollin, Jun 1, 2007

    Check out Thinking in C++ by Bruce Eckel at www.mindview.net.

    Naresh Rautela, Jun 1, 2007
  4. Michael Mortimer

    Devon Null Guest

    Michael Mortimer wrote:
    > Hi all,
    > I'm just starting out with learning C++ and I find that many books
    > don't give enough questions for self-education. I was wondering does anyone
    > have some good websites or references for cases\questions or problems that
    > are good for beginners to practice their coding with!

    Just started myself a bit ago - here you go:

    http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/
    http://cppreference.com/
    http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/C++_Programming/TOC1

    **The 3 above are the ones I use the most**

    http://www.programmingtutorials.com/cplusplus.aspx (<-- this is more a
    listing of other sites)
    http://library.thinkquest.org/C0111571/manual.php
    http://cplus.about.com/od/thecde1/Welcome_to_the_C_Area_with_Articles_about_C_Development.htm
    (not the best, but worth a look)
    --
    [there are no x's in my email]

    I have the right to remain silent
    (and should probably use it as much as possible)
    Anything I type can and will be used against me
    in a court of idiocy
    I have the right to be wrong
    (and probably am)
    If I can not furnish my own wrongness
    I'm sure someone will provide it for me.

    Devon Null, Jun 1, 2007
  5. Michael Mortimer

    David C. Guest

    "Michael Mortimer" <> writes:

    > I'm just starting out with learning C++ and I find that many
    > books don't give enough questions for self-education. I was wondering
    > does anyone have some good websites or references for cases\questions
    > or problems that are good for beginners to practice thier coding with!

    I learned from "The C++ Programming Language", by Bjarne Stourstrup.
    Each chapter ends with several exercises.

    This book is not a tutorial, however. You may prefer a different kind
    of text while learning the language. (I would still recommend getting a
    copy for use as a reference text after you're comfortable with C++.)

    -- David

    David C., Jun 1, 2007
  6. Michael Mortimer

    Devon Null Guest

    Devon Null wrote:
    > Michael Mortimer wrote:
    >> Hi all,
    >> I'm just starting out with learning C++ and I find that many books
    >> don't give enough questions for self-education. I was wondering does anyone
    >> have some good websites or references for cases\questions or problems that
    >> are good for beginners to practice their coding with!
    >>

    > Just started myself a bit ago - here you go:
    >

    > http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/
    > http://cppreference.com/
    > http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/C++_Programming/TOC1
    >
    > **The 3 above are the ones I use the most**
    >
    > http://www.programmingtutorials.com/cplusplus.aspx (<-- this is more a
    > listing of other sites)
    > http://library.thinkquest.org/C0111571/manual.php
    > http://cplus.about.com/od/thecde1/Welcome_to_the_C_Area_with_Articles_about_C_Development.htm
    > (not the best, but worth a look)

    Sorry, I was going through my bookmarks and found this one - it belongs
    in the "best" (with the top 3) category:

    http://oopweb.com/CPP/Files/CPP.html

    Devon Null, Jun 1, 2007