Newbie - Putting interactional databases on my site

panwala_bhavesh

I have a website for customers to place purchase orders for my paper
products. I have it in both Access and XML tables to learn how to
handle both. I can figure out desktop handling of XML reads and writes
through code like -

xtr = new xmlTextReader(C:\Desktop\Envelopes.xml)

or I know how to get into Northwind :

Dim cnn As SqlConnection
New SqlConnection(data Source=(local);" & _
"Initial Catalog=Northwind; " &
"Integrated Security=SSPI")

So I need som basics: Should my data tables or XML files reside on my
website (and how?)?
Does my vb.net code reside on my local PC or on my host (godaddy)?
In the "data Source=(local)" for the Northwind, should I change "Local"

to my web address?
Do I need to use MSDE for my Northwind example or does the code itself
handle the connection?

So basically I have a website, some databases, some XML files, and
VB.net as my studio, but I have no idea where to go from her to learn.

Thanks anyone for help....Bhavesh