    program finally quits Then it minimizes! Any way I can do what I want
    here?

    Brent

    Brent W. Hughes, Jan 11, 2005

  2. Brent W. Hughes

    Adonis Guest

    Brent W. Hughes wrote:
    > 1) I'm running a program within Pythonwin. It's taking too long and I want
    > to stop/kill it. What do I do (other than ctrl-alt-del)?
    >
    > 2) I'm running a long program and I want to minimize it to let it continue
    > to run in the background while I do something else in the foreground. I try
    > clicking on Pythonwin's minimize box but it doesn't respond until the Python
    > program finally quits Then it minimizes! Any way I can do what I want
    > here?
    >
    > Brent

    Try running your script using (from command prompt):
    \path\python.exe \path\script.py

    Alternatively go to its folder in explorer and double click it to run.

    pythonwin is just a developing enviroment, and the execution of scripts
    within it is just for debugging use.

    Hope this helps.

    Adonis

    Adonis, Jan 12, 2005

  3. Brent W. Hughes

    drs Guest

    "Brent W. Hughes" <> wrote in message
    > 1) I'm running a program within Pythonwin. It's taking too long and I

    want
    > to stop/kill it. What do I do (other than ctrl-alt-del)?

    Right click on the little python icon in the sys tray and select break into
    running code

    drs, Jan 12, 2005
  4. Brent W. Hughes

    Steve Holden Guest

    Brent W. Hughes wrote:

    > 1) I'm running a program within Pythonwin. It's taking too long and I want
    > to stop/kill it. What do I do (other than ctrl-alt-del)?

    When PythonWin is running it puts an icon in the system tray. You can
    right-mouse on this icon and select "Break into running code".

    > 2) I'm running a long program and I want to minimize it to let it continue
    > to run in the background while I do something else in the foreground. I try
    > clicking on Pythonwin's minimize box but it doesn't respond until the Python
    > program finally quits Then it minimizes! Any way I can do what I want
    > here?

    Sorry, I think you'll need to ask Mark Hammond to have PythonWin pump
    events more aggressively or some such.

    regards
    Steve
    --
    Steve Holden http://www.holdenweb.com/
    Holden Web LLC +1 703 861 4237 +1 800 494 3119

    Steve Holden, Jan 12, 2005
  5. Thanks guys! That helps a lot.

    Brent

    Brent W. Hughes, Jan 13, 2005