    print out the form, so it can be filled out and mailed to me?
    Any help will be MOST appreciated.
    thank you all

    Bob, Jan 27, 2005

  2. Bob

    Mark Parnell Guest

    Previously in alt.html, Bob <> said:

    > Is
    > there a html or something that I can insert so something can be clicked and
    > print out the form, so it can be filled out and mailed to me?

    What for? Your visitor's browser already has a perfectly good print
    function.

    The answer to your question is yes (though it can't be done in HTML -
    HTML simply describes the structure of the content, it can't *do*
    anything). You can do it using Javascript (which will of course only
    work for users with scripting both available and enabled).

    --
    Mark Parnell
    http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au

    Mark Parnell, Jan 27, 2005

  3. Bob

    Duende Guest

    While sitting in a puddle Bob scribbled in the mud:

    > I put up my first web site. I have a membership application form on it.
    > Is there a html or something that I can insert so something can be
    > clicked and print out the form, so it can be filled out and mailed to
    > me? Any help will be MOST appreciated.
    > thank you all

    Do you mean a form they fill out and the results gets emailed to you? If
    that's what you want, no problem.

    --
    D?
    http://wipkip.biz

    Duende, Jan 27, 2005
  4. Bob wrote:
    > I put up my first web site. I have a membership application form on

    it. Is
    > there a html or something that I can insert so something can be

    clicked and
    > print out the form, so it can be filled out and mailed to me?
    > Any help will be MOST appreciated.
    > thank you all

    Bob, google "javascript and print" You will receive a ton of samples
    code to create a print button.

    Alternatally you can just have the form sent directly to your email
    using form mail. If you google "form mail free" you will also receive
    a ton of links and samples.

    --
    -=tn=-

    Travis Newbury, Jan 27, 2005
  5. Bob

    Bob Guest

    I need people to print out the form on their computer, which is on our site
    so it can be snail mailed to me with their dues money. Sorry if I asked it
    wrong.

    Bob, Jan 27, 2005
  6. Bob

    Duende Guest

    While sitting in a puddle Bob scribbled in the mud:

    > "Duende" <> wrote in message
    > While sitting in a puddle Bob scribbled in the mud:
    >
    >>> I put up my first web site. I have a membership application form on it.
    >>> Is there a html or something that I can insert so something can be
    >>> clicked and print out the form, so it can be filled out and mailed to
    >>> me? Any help will be MOST appreciated.
    >>> thank you all
    >>>

    > Do you mean a form they fill out and the results gets emailed to you? If
    > that's what you want, no problem.
    >

    > I need people to print out the form on their computer, which is on our
    > site so it can be snail mailed to me with their dues money. Sorry if I
    > asked it wrong.

    Nothing to be sorry about.
    Where is your site? I might help if we can look at it.

    --
    D?
    http://wipkip.biz

    Duende, Jan 27, 2005
  7. Bob

    Bob Guest

    This is my site, and I know it isn't real great but it is my first time
    doing one. Thank you for your time.

    http://rphsr1.home.comcast.net/

    Bob, Jan 27, 2005
  8. Bob

    Bob Guest

    "Bob" <> wrote in message

    This is my site, http://www.geocities.com/rphsrlu47/ and I know it isn't
    real great but it is my first time
    doing one. Thank you for your time.
    The form is at the bottem of the page. It is a membership application.

    Bob, Jan 27, 2005
  9. Bob

    Bob Guest

    This is the site we are trying to do it in........
    http://www.geocities.com/rphsrlu47/
    it is the form at the bottom of the page.........

    Bob, Jan 27, 2005
  10. Bob

    Duende Guest

    Duende, Jan 27, 2005
  11. Bob

    Duende Guest

    Duende, Jan 27, 2005
  12. Bob

    Bob Guest

    Thank you for your effort, but I guess I'm just to dumb to get it right.
    When I inserted it onto the page it did show up but I still don't see where
    or how a person would click it and be able to print it out. That is without
    printing the whole page. I thought if it was in a table the table could have
    a "button" that would say [print form] and it would print out the
    application form so they could fill it out and send it via the post office
    with their dues money.
    I'm sorry for causing you such trouble. I guess it was a false wish.
    Bob

    "Duende" <> wrote in message
    While sitting in a puddle Bob scribbled in the mud:

    > This is my site, http://www.geocities.com/rphsrlu47/ and I know it isn't
    > real great but it is my first time
    > doing one. Thank you for your time.
    > The form is at the bottem of the page. It is a membership application.

    Use either one

    http://usenet.wipkip.biz/form.html

    http://usenet.wipkip.biz/form.pdf

    --
    D?
    http://wipkip.biz

    Bob, Jan 27, 2005
  13. Bob

    Duende Guest

    While sitting in a puddle Bob scribbled in the mud:

    > Thank you for your effort, but I guess I'm just to dumb to get it right.
    > When I inserted it onto the page it did show up but I still don't see
    > where or how a person would click it and be able to print it out. That
    > is without printing the whole page. I thought if it was in a table the
    > table could have a "button" that would say [print form] and it would
    > print out the application form so they could fill it out and send it via
    > the post office with their dues money.
    > I'm sorry for causing you such trouble. I guess it was a false wish.
    > Bob

    Try this. You can not include this as part of another page. Just link to it.

    Duende, Jan 27, 2005
  14. Bob

    Bob Guest

    Thank you very much:
    It is working and I really appreciated your help. That was something I could
    have never gotten by myself.
    Here it is if you want to see it. Now I will try to get rid of the block
    with the X in it, but that is not a great concern.
    Thanks again

    Bob, Jan 28, 2005
  15. Bob

    Duende Guest

    While sitting in a puddle Bob scribbled in the mud:

    > Thank you very much:
    > It is working and I really appreciated your help. That was something I
    > could have never gotten by myself.
    > Here it is if you want to see it. Now I will try to get rid of the block
    > with the X in it, but that is not a great concern.
    > Thanks again

    Here is the printer image that goes there.
    http://usenet.wipkip.biz/images/printer-icon.gif

    --
    D?
    http://wipkip.biz

    Duende, Jan 28, 2005
  16. Bob wrote:

    > http://www.geocities.com/rphsrlu47/

    This is a serious question, Bob. How long can you look at your page
    before all the blinking and flashing stuff makes you close your
    browser, or look away from the monitor?

    If the intent of the page is to get new members, you should remove all
    that, and soon. Maybe a couple of stationary graphics is ok...

    --
    -bts
    -This space intentionally left blank.

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jan 28, 2005