newbie queation

Bob

I put up my first web site. I have a membership application form on it. Is
there a html or something that I can insert so something can be clicked and
print out the form, so it can be filled out and mailed to me?
Any help will be MOST appreciated.
thank you all

Mark Parnell

Previously in alt.html said:
Is
there a html or something that I can insert so something can be clicked and
print out the form, so it can be filled out and mailed to me?

What for? Your visitor's browser already has a perfectly good print
function.

The answer to your question is yes (though it can't be done in HTML -
HTML simply describes the structure of the content, it can't *do*
anything). You can do it using Javascript (which will of course only
work for users with scripting both available and enabled).

Duende

While sitting in a puddle Bob scribbled in the mud:
I put up my first web site. I have a membership application form on it.
Is there a html or something that I can insert so something can be
clicked and print out the form, so it can be filled out and mailed to
me? Any help will be MOST appreciated.
thank you all
Do you mean a form they fill out and the results gets emailed to you? If
that's what you want, no problem.

Travis Newbury

Bob said:
I put up my first web site. I have a membership application form on it. Is
there a html or something that I can insert so something can be clicked and
print out the form, so it can be filled out and mailed to me?
Any help will be MOST appreciated.
thank you all

Bob, google "javascript and print" You will receive a ton of samples
code to create a print button.

Alternatally you can just have the form sent directly to your email
using form mail. If you google "form mail free" you will also receive
a ton of links and samples.

Bob

I need people to print out the form on their computer, which is on our site
so it can be snail mailed to me with their dues money. Sorry if I asked it
wrong.

While sitting in a puddle Bob scribbled in the mud:
I put up my first web site. I have a membership application form on it.
Is there a html or something that I can insert so something can be
clicked and print out the form, so it can be filled out and mailed to
me? Any help will be MOST appreciated.
thank you all
Do you mean a form they fill out and the results gets emailed to you? If
that's what you want, no problem.

Duende

While sitting in a puddle Bob scribbled in the mud:
While sitting in a puddle Bob scribbled in the mud:

Do you mean a form they fill out and the results gets emailed to you? If
that's what you want, no problem.

I need people to print out the form on their computer, which is on our
site so it can be snail mailed to me with their dues money. Sorry if I
asked it wrong.
Nothing to be sorry about.
Where is your site? I might help if we can look at it.

Bob

This is my site, and I know it isn't real great but it is my first time
doing one. Thank you for your time.

http://rphsr1.home.comcast.net/

This is my site, http://www.geocities.com/rphsrlu47/ and I know it isn't
real great but it is my first time
doing one. Thank you for your time.
The form is at the bottem of the page. It is a membership application.

While sitting in a puddle Bob scribbled in the mud:
While sitting in a puddle Bob scribbled in the mud:

Do you mean a form they fill out and the results gets emailed to you? If
that's what you want, no problem.

I need people to print out the form on their computer, which is on our
site so it can be snail mailed to me with their dues money. Sorry if I
asked it wrong.
Nothing to be sorry about.
Where is your site? I might help if we can look at it.

Bob

This is the site we are trying to do it in........
http://www.geocities.com/rphsrlu47/
it is the form at the bottom of the page.........

This is my site, and I know it isn't real great but it is my first time
doing one. Thank you for your time.

http://rphsr1.home.comcast.net/

While sitting in a puddle Bob scribbled in the mud:
While sitting in a puddle Bob scribbled in the mud:

Do you mean a form they fill out and the results gets emailed to you? If
that's what you want, no problem.

I need people to print out the form on their computer, which is on our
site so it can be snail mailed to me with their dues money. Sorry if I
asked it wrong.
Nothing to be sorry about.
Where is your site? I might help if we can look at it.

Bob

Thank you for your effort, but I guess I'm just to dumb to get it right.
When I inserted it onto the page it did show up but I still don't see where
or how a person would click it and be able to print it out. That is without
printing the whole page. I thought if it was in a table the table could have
a "button" that would say [print form] and it would print out the
application form so they could fill it out and send it via the post office
with their dues money.
I'm sorry for causing you such trouble. I guess it was a false wish.
Bob

While sitting in a puddle Bob scribbled in the mud:
This is my site, http://www.geocities.com/rphsrlu47/ and I know it isn't
real great but it is my first time
doing one. Thank you for your time.
The form is at the bottem of the page. It is a membership application.

Use either one

http://usenet.wipkip.biz/form.html

http://usenet.wipkip.biz/form.pdf

Duende

While sitting in a puddle Bob scribbled in the mud:
Thank you for your effort, but I guess I'm just to dumb to get it right.
When I inserted it onto the page it did show up but I still don't see
where or how a person would click it and be able to print it out. That
is without printing the whole page. I thought if it was in a table the
table could have a "button" that would say [print form] and it would
print out the application form so they could fill it out and send it via
the post office with their dues money.
I'm sorry for causing you such trouble. I guess it was a false wish.
Bob

Try this. You can not include this as part of another page. Just link to it.

http://usenet.wipkip.biz/form.html

Bob

Thank you very much:
It is working and I really appreciated your help. That was something I could
have never gotten by myself.
Here it is if you want to see it. Now I will try to get rid of the block
with the X in it, but that is not a great concern.
Thanks again

[...]

Here is the printer image that goes there.
http://usenet.wipkip.biz/images/printer-icon.gif

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Bob said:

This is a serious question, Bob. How long can you look at your page
before all the blinking and flashing stuff makes you close your
browser, or look away from the monitor?

If the intent of the page is to get new members, you should remove all
that, and soon. Maybe a couple of stationary graphics is ok...