newbie questin about webform layout

William Gower

In the past, I designed html and asp pages using tables to align everything.
With dot.net and the nice grid layout way of laying out of your webforms, is
it better to position the controls by dragging and positioning or using
tables? Is there any pros and cons of each?

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]

For the most part, you're probably better off to stay with the tables for
layout.

While absolute positioning is available as the default layout mode in VS.NET
(but not in the next version), it isn't reliable on all browsers.

Joe Fallon

Grid layout is fine for something quick and dirty.

Flow layout and HTML tables has a nicer look and feel to it.
Especially during form re-sizing.

YMMV