    I have the above module installed.

    BR

    //Mikael

    Petterson Mikael, Jan 18, 2005

  2. Petterson Mikael <> wrote in news:csj7qh$a0n$1
    @newstree.wise.edt.ericsson.se:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I can do:
    >
    > perldoc -f <functioname>
    >
    > to get man pages.
    >
    > But how can I get man pages for Net::FTP functions?

    perldoc Net::FTP

    See also:

    perldoc perldoc

    perldoc perltoc

    Sinan

    A. Sinan Unur, Jan 18, 2005

  3. Petterson Mikael

    Guest

    wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I can do:
    >
    > perldoc -f <functioname>
    >
    > to get man pages.
    >
    > But how can I get man pages for Net::FTP functions?
    > I have the above module installed.

    Unfortunately, I know of no way to pull out the doc for just
    one method/subroutine of a module. You have get docs for the whole
    module
    perldoc Net::FTP
    and then search through the output (by hand or using some tool) for
    the method you want.

    It would be nice if

    perldoc -f Net::FTP::new

    worked for doing this, but it doesn't.

    Xho

    Usenet Newsgroup Service $9.95/Month 30GB

    , Jan 18, 2005
  4. On Tue, 18 Jan 2005, Tad McClellan wrote:

    > Petterson Mikael <> wrote:
    >
    > > But how can I get man pages for Net::FTP functions?

    > perldoc Net::FTP

    Well, that's documentation, alright, but don't I recall the Perl
    installer offering a hint how to convert the pod documentation into
    other formats, such as ... man pages?

    I'm sure perldoc pod2man would help with that. For someone who had
    already used pod2man, man pod2man would help - but by then it would be
    too late to be useful. SCNR.

    Alan J. Flavell, Jan 18, 2005
  5. Petterson Mikael

    Anno Siegel Guest

    <> wrote in comp.lang.perl.misc:

    > It would be nice if
    >
    > perldoc -f Net::FTP::new
    >
    > worked for doing this, but it doesn't.

    That's unlikely. The "perldoc -f" functionality is only possible because
    the perlfunc document is very regularly built, with each function an
    "=item" by itself. Your average CPAN module varies much more in how it
    documents its individual functions.

    Anno

    Anno Siegel, Jan 18, 2005