    Any direction on how to automate this using Python or some other tool
    will be greatly appreciated.

    - Stuart

    stuartc, Jul 23, 2003

  2. > I need to change a few Local Security Settings on a number of W2K
    > machines. An example of a Security Setting I need to change is the
    > "Minimum password length" setting, which is under Account Policies,
    > Password Policy.
    >
    > Instead of doing this manually on each machine, I would like to have
    > an automated way to do this. Can Python be used for this ?
    >
    > Any direction on how to automate this using Python or some other tool
    > will be greatly appreciated.

    You can do this at domain level if these machines are all part of the same
    domain.

    --
    Dale Strickland-Clark
    Riverhall Systems Ltd, www.riverhall.co.uk

    Dale Strickland-Clak, Jul 23, 2003

  3. stuartc

    Mark Hammond Guest

    stuartc wrote:
    > Hi all:
    >
    > I need to change a few Local Security Settings on a number of W2K
    > machines. An example of a Security Setting I need to change is the
    > "Minimum password length" setting, which is under Account Policies,
    > Password Policy.
    >
    > Instead of doing this manually on each machine, I would like to have
    > an automated way to do this. Can Python be used for this ?
    >
    > Any direction on how to automate this using Python or some other tool
    > will be greatly appreciated.

    Look into the win32net module - you can change all sorts of things
    there. "Python Programming on Win32" has some good examples.

    Mark

    Mark Hammond, Jul 24, 2003