Newbie question: applications for generating XML database

Discussion in 'XML' started by Josip, Jul 1, 2008.

  1. Josip

    Josip Guest

    I'm trying to determine if XML can be useful for my app.
    I want to define structure for inputing data, for example:

    -City-
    Name: String
    Area: Number
    Population: Number

    -Mountain-
    Name: String
    Height: Number

    -River-
    Name: String
    Length: Number

    Having defined the structure of data, the user should be presented with a
    form to input as many objects of each type as he wants (objects are
    dynamicaly created). After that the user input is handled by app.

    I have seen XLS files for transforming XML data to HTML page, and I'm aware
    that something similar exists for MS Word. I'm searching for a solution that
    would generate input fields from my defined stucture, and store all entered
    data into XML database.
    I'm developing on Windows XP platform, but I'm interested in solutions for
    any platform, either commercial or free.

    Josip, Jul 1, 2008