Newbie question-can I capture string values from TXT file?

Dennis McMahon

Hello,
Hopefully a simple question. Can I capture string values from a text file
on a server and pass the value to an HTML page via Javascript? We are
creating an online poll and the HTML page is long and complex. The page may
ultimately contain 2 or 3 polls and finding them and editing them on the
HTML page is tedious. I want to be able to create a script that would grab
values from a simple text file and place it on the HTML page. I would want
to pass the question itself and each of the 4 possible answers.

For example a question and 4 answers - " Do you think the ground-hog was
right about spring?" Possible answers- Yes, No, He's always Wrong, I'm too
cold to answer!

Thanks for any help you can provide.

-Dennis

Stuart Palmer

This is a question for a serverside group suck as ASP, PHP, JSP or CFM. YOu
can then pull the values from the txt file from the server and paste that
into your JS.

Javascript is client side only.

Stu

Evertjan.

Stuart Palmer wrote on 16 feb 2004 in comp.lang.javascript:
This is a question for a serverside group suck as ASP, PHP, JSP or
CFM. YOu can then pull the values from the txt file from the server
and paste that into your JS.
Right

Javascript is client side only.

NOT AT ALL.

Serverside Javascript under ASP is a marvellous instrument.