Newbie Question: Extending the asp:AdRotator class?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by DC, Nov 29, 2005.

  1. DC

    DC Guest

    Hi im pretty much a newbie to asp.net and I was wondering what the best
    way to extend the AdRotator class is?

    Speciifcally Im using the AdRotator class to display a series of graphs
    that are generated automatically on a public display screen.

    This has been working fine for some months. but now some people want it
    to display some descriptive text beneath each graph. I figure that
    extending the AdRotator class so that it displays some text in a literal
    just below the image is probably the easiest way to do this. Im planning
    on storing the literal text in the advertisement xml file.

    Thing is im pretty new to the whole OOP thing and I was wondering how
    one would go about extending the AdRotator class to reference and
    display the new xml items? Has anyone got any example code or perhaps a
    good article I can read on the subject?

    Thanks in advance,

    DC

    "You can not reason a man out of a position he did not reach through reason"

    "Don't use a big word where a diminutive one will suffice."

    "A man with a watch knows what time it is. A man with two watches is
    never sure." Segal's Law

    DC, Nov 29, 2005