Newbie Question - Firefox CSS DIV irregularity

Pacific Dragon

Forgive my lack of knowledge on CSS as this is pretty much my first time
dabbling with CSS.

If you view my site http://young.orcon.net.nz in Internet Explorer 6.0
(windows 2000) the page will display correctly as how I intended it to
be, however if you view the page in Firefox 1.0.1 the footer DIV's
below the main content seems to get incorrectly placed under the right
hand content div and the Footer graphic does not display.

I've tried to put a bounding box between the main content and the right
content divs but this has not helped, Firefox still places the footer
divs under the Right content div. Seeing
http://young.orcon.net.nz/troubleshoot/ will make the differences in
behaviour between firefox and Internet explorer clearer. (The green is
where I attempted to put a bounding box around the main content and
right content div)

What can be done so that the footer graphic and footer DIVs in Firefox
is properly displayed at the bottom just as Internet explorer displays it?

Thanks for any assistance

Edwin van der Vaart

Pacific said:
[...]

Did you play with "clear: both;" in the #contentfooter.
It would look like this in the stylesheet
#contentfooter {
background:url(/images/footer.jpg);
width:600px;
height:26px;
padding:0px;}

A little advice. Don't use fixed width, but "em" or "%" instead. Because
everyone have a different window size. Some are surfing with a 800x600,
1024x800, 1280x1024 or larger. Sometimes I use a beamer (window size
about 3x5 meters).

Edwin van der Vaart

Edwin said:
Pacific Dragon wrote:

#contentfooter {
background:url(/images/footer.jpg);
width:600px;
height:26px;
padding:0px;}
Oops, I forgot to add clear: both.
#contentfooter {
clear: both;

Edwin said:
Oops, I forgot to add clear: both.
#contentfooter {
clear: both;
background:url(/images/footer.jpg);
width: 600px;
height: 26px;
padding: 0px;}

Excellent, thanks for that. :eek:) This resolves the problem.