newbie question for Ruby and/or PHP

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Artco News, Oct 13, 2003.

  1. Artco News

    Artco News Guest

    Hi, with some of your help, I manage to extract a delimited record into
    mysql database using ruby.

    I have the following structure in my MySQL database:

    acnum varchar(16) --- unique code
    description text --- description
    accode varchar(16) --- secondary code
    note text --- a note
    imagepath varchar(255) --- image filename

    What I'd like to do is using Ruby(and/or PHP) to be able to do some
    operation on those records such as: add a new one, modify, delete, and
    display the image in the page as well.

    I'd love to do it in either one of the language(Ruby/PHP) or if you have
    better one, please do let me know and may be if you kind enough to give me
    some example.

    Thanks
    Artco News, Oct 13, 2003